4 Class Periods
|Abstract Bowls, Sixth Grade Art Lesson|
- Students identified Abstract Design.
- Color, line, shape and technique were discussed in various abstract painting examples. Here are a few of the pieces we examined in class:
Artist Bruce Gray.
|Artist Piet Mondrian.|
|Artist Jackson Pollock.|
- Students used the rest of the class period brainstorming ideas and planning color schemes.
- A small demonstration was given on how to roll a slab and how to use the slump/drape method to create the bowl. Craftsmanship and proper clay techniques were stressed.
- Bowls were set out to dry.
- Students were given back their bisque fired bowls.
- Glaze techniques were discussed and demonstrated.
- Students used the rest of the class period to glaze their bowls.
- Students continue to finish glazing bowls.
- Projects were then fired a second time.