4 Class Periods
|3D Haring Figures, First Grade Art Lesson, Dancing|
- Artist Keith Haring, (from previous assignment Moving with Haring), was reviewed as a class.
- Students created a figure out of aluminum foil.
- Once the foil figure was created (proportions were reminded), students wrapped the figure in masking tape.
- Finally, the figure was positioned in an action pose. Students were asked to think of a verb that described the movement.
|Wrapping foil figure in tape.|
- Students covered figure in paper mache.
|Student adding paper mache to figure.|
- Students were asked to think of a prop that would go along with their verb to help viewers understand the action pose created. (Not all actions required a prop).
- The figure was painted in one solid color to represent a Keith Haring figure. Students were allowed to pick any color of their choice.
Painting the figure.
- A piece of cardboard was selected to use as a base for the figure. The base was decorated with markers.
- A hot glue gun was used to assemble the figure and prop to the assigned base.
Hot gluing figure and prop to base.