Kindergarten Art Lesson
2 Class Periods
|Owl Resist, Kindergarten Art Lesson|
The Wise Owl
The wise old owl
Sat in an oak.
The more he saw,
The less he spoke.
The less he spoke,
The more he heard.
Why can't we be like
That wise old bird?
- As a class we read the story The Sleepy Owl by Marcus Pfister. We discussed the body parts found on an owl: claws, ears, beak, wings, etc.
- Using follow along demonstration students created an owl drawing. Shapes were identified and reviewed as they were drawn on the paper.
- Students used oil pastels to color in their owls. Students were encouraged to use the color white.
- After coloring was completed, a black oil pastel was used to outline the owl.
- Students used black tempera paint to paint over the composition. The oil pastels repelled the water leaving the resist.
|Kindergarten student painting owl composition black.|