2 Class Periods
|Bear Shapes, Kindergarten Art Lesson|
- As a class we began with shape review. Students were asked to identify squares, rectangles, ovals, semi-circles, circles, pentagons, hexagons, octagons, diamonds and triangle shapes.
- Through follow along demonstration students created the bear's body, head and ears. Together we figured out how to cut circles and semi-circles from a square shape.
|Students creating the body of the bear.|
- Correct cutting and gluing techniques were discussed. Fine motor skills were observed as students worked.
- Review of shapes.
- Through follow along demonstration students created a nose and eyes for their bear.
|Adding details to bear.|
- Students were instructed to add at least four additional shapes to the bear's belly. Students were allowed to add extra embellishments with crayons and markers.
Examples of Student Work: