2 Class Periods
|Glowing Pumpkin, Kindergarten Art Lesson|
Still Life: an object or group of objects set up to view as reference for a drawing, painting or sculpture.
- Students will learn the basic skill of looking at an object to draw what they actually see versus drawing what they think they know.
- Pumpkins were set up in the room for observation.
- Through follow along demonstration, students examined pumpkins and drew what they observed.
- After drawings were completed, projects were outlined with black glue.
- Students used a green oil pastel to color in stem and vines of pumpkin.
- Students were taught how to blend chalk pastels (using warm colors) to create a "glow effect."
- Finally, students used black tempera paint to cover the background. The students were amazed by the resist of the green oil pastel to the paint.
|Student working on blending chalk pastels.|